Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Back to Blogging?

It's been about 2 weeks since my last post.  It seems to happen when summer starts and the family stays home from school.  I guess I'm either sleeping in or riding...because I can.  So it's been some of that but mostly I feel it was my employee, co-worker, and friend (John Egbers) getting hit by a car while riding his bike in the TransAm Bike Race.  This Thursday will mark the 2 week mark.  John is still in a hospital facing paralysis from the chest down.  There isn't much hope of him walking again but I am hanging on to what hope there is.  Man that is scary, sad shit.  I still ride but it isn't without angst and fear.  I've ridden with a mirror on one of my bikes but now have it on 3 of them.  I'm a fan of the Sprintech Racing Mirror.  I've also just purchased the Garmin Varia rear light/radar.  Every bit helps.

Me boasting about my rides, how far or long I've ridden, etc. seemed pretty brash considering what John's going through.  But I've been reached out to by a few people asking about my blog and if I'm done.  I guess a few people do read it!  So I will try to be a bit more regular again.

For those interested here is John's CaringBridge Page and a GoFundMe Page.

Keep riding and stay safe!

1 comment:

Greg Prosmushkin said...

It is very nice to have you back after a couple of weeks. When summer starts you always have a busy schedule. Thanks for sharing the update. Have a great rest of your day.
Greg Prosmushkin