Friday, June 01, 2018

Rain, Rides, and Trail Work.

Well I haven't been very diligent about updating this week.  The promised race report has yet to happen.  Maybe tomorrow as it's a rain day.  It's actually rained much of this week.  Because of the rain Wednesday trail work is now today.  We are hosting a mountain bike race at the North Loop on Sunday and the grass needs to be tamed.

Yesterday also did not rain so I headed out on the Cutthroat.  The wind was NW but I headed E and North a bit first to switch up the routes.  In doing so I kind of miscalculated time and distance.  But luckily I had no real time commitments back home.
It was my first long ride in the heat and humidity.  I consumed over 200 oz of water but I still never had to pee on my almost 8 hour ride, not good.  About 40 minutes from home I pulled off into the shade and sat for bit.  The heat and humidity had gotten to me.  I made it home just fine but felt pretty crumby for an hour after.  While I have been bumming I'm not in the DKXL this ride made me realize I would have really suffered as they are to set heat records down in Kansas today and tomorrow!

Ended with almost 8 hours and 135 miles.

School is done for the year so I can start biking some in the morning. I'm headed over to the North Loop shortly to get a lap in before work and spin the legs.

Happy Weekend.

No comments: