Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tuesday Ride

The legs were tired today. I was able to do my share but I felt it. The ride started out weird. We were running late, had to go to Granite for other riders, and I had a complete "shotgun" blow out in the first block! We decided to not pay attention to the wind and head a different route from the last three rides. Unfortunately the roads were shitty and busy at first but that cleared soon enough. The group also cleared out to 5 riders for the remainder. It seemed we were always battling the wind. I hope once OPUS is done we get a bigger crew to share in the work up front. I had a rider tag my rear wheel and he hit the ditch pretty hard. Luckily nothing serious happened and he was back on the bike quickly.
Ended up with a 3 hour hour ride.
Avery struggled going to be tonight without the Nuk, but survived, and so did the parents! Jen is very ready to be done with school and have a life back. The kids are at a point that when one of us is gone it is hard to get anything accomplished...can't wait for the teenage years.
Still got a walk in with Zoe. Felt good to stroll around and stretch the legs.
Time to read and sleep.
Out.

No comments: