Monday, September 25, 2017

Don't Trust the Weather.

The way the weather was predicted last week and our family schedule I didn't think I'd be able to piece together much riding.  While we did get a lot of rain I was able to ride around it, piling up a bit over 20 hours.  I'm in the mountain bike mode but that will be on hold for awhile.  Last week we received about 3.5" and it's currently raining now.  So road and gravel!

I'm toying with pulling out my rain bike (Surly Cross Check single speed with fenders) to ride this afternoon evening a bit but may also just pass on riding the next two days (Tuesday Brinna has a swim meet).  The Spotted Horse Ultra is two weeks out so I guess I should shut it down some.  It's looking like I should be able to get some good rides in on Thursday and Saturday with the other days being shorter jaunts.  I just have a hard time not doing anything.  Times like this is when I still wish I had my gym membership.

On Saturday Kyia and I headed out for a 3-4 hour gravel ride in the pea soup thick air.  Man I don't know if I had too much coffee or just excited to ride with someone but I was sure talking a lot, at least for me!  We hit up parts of the Dirt Bag course and crushed it.  Just riding and chatting we ended with an average a bit over 19 mph.  That was such a fun ride!

Sunday the wind was the same direction as was the humidity.  I headed out the same way but I think I'm finally tiring of the Dirt Bag route.  I changed it up a bit but basically fell back into the same 'ol thing.  I did do the current Dirt Bag route verses the original years so a bit different.  I've acquired a Salsa Cutthroat (hopefully pictures at some point) and yesterday was the maiden voyage.  While it's a very different fit from my Evergreen I really enjoyed how it felt.  I hope to get more time on it in the coming week or so.  I may use this for the Spotted Horse Ultra on the 7th.

Happy Monday.

No comments: