Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Belinda, Paul, Mike, Jonathan, Sven, and Others Can Suck It.

Yesterday's weather sucked balls. Rain?! I heard on the news that if the rain we got was snow we would have up to 10" in spots...oh how you taunt me. So with the spring like conditions I did not hit up the Monday Night MTB ride, as I assume no others did either. I strongly considered it, but chickened out and went to the gym for the second time. The gym is a different place at 8:30 pm, from my normal 7:30 am time. New people to look at, critique, and just pass the time. The elliptical trainer is a blast....ha!

Currently it is much colder out, lightly snowing, and blowing hard. I'm going to run at the North Loop after dropping Brinna off at school. I run off road only and figure this most likely will be my last time for the season, which I'm all too fine with. It doesn't look like we got too much snow but it's still coming down so who knows, obviously not the hackneyed meteorologists that continually get my hopes up only to crush them...damn you Pandora.

Other exciting news: The Almanzo think tank has come up with an addition to the Almanzo 100. There will still be the 100 mile gravel challenge but they will also have a 162 mile version! Oh yeah, I'm in. It's in late May, start training now, plenty of time.

Out.

2 comments:

Kyia said...

Why not three 300? Too much of a wimp for 3 laps?

rideonpurpose said...

you guys could ride down to the Almanzo if you need more...

it's 162 because that's what seems to fit with the length of daylight that time of year. Not that we'll all be finishing before it gets dark.