Monday, January 09, 2012

January?

Saturday morning I had to postpone the planned trail run. So I went in the basement and sweat it out on the trainer for 1.5 hours.
That evening the girls were in Bemidji with my parents and Jen was at a school function. So with a nearly full moon I laced up the shoes and went out for a night trail run. Much like riding at night on the the trails, running at night is a totally different experience. The trail has become icy from previous use and melting. I managed to stay upright the entire time! Got in 80 minutes of running.


Sunday morning I met up with the Anderson's, whom all but swore off winter ride for Nordic skiing. But even they have given in to this crazy winter and ventured out with me for a ride. Proof is in the photos.





Guy smiley.


The Anderson's peeled off to make it a two hour ride. They have a little one to care for and a trip to pack for. I continued on for 3.5 hours.

It's crazy. It's the middle of January and the gravel is starting to get soft! Sounds like this Thursday we will get a hit of real January temperatures. Good deal, break out the cold weather gear!


Nothing else on this end.



Out.






No comments: