Sunday, July 22, 2012

All Loaded Up.

About to take off for a mini trip up to the in-laws cabin.  Up today and back tomorrow night.
Taking the Fargo with some new bits on it.  Have some of the Clement "gravel specific" tires on.  Rode them yesterday for the first time.  They roll pretty damn fast for a 700x40 tire.  Seemed to have lots of traction too.  The gravel was soft due to all the morning rain so not as much float the as the Vee 1.9's I was previously running.  Pretty good first running.

Trying some new shoes this morning too.  Well not new, they are some old Shimano shoes I found covered in cobwebs down in the basement.  I tell you I'm falling apart.

Saw some sneak peaks of the new stuff Salsa has coming out.  One was what looked to be a disc, ti, road bike that can take a bit wider tire than your standard road bike.  Damn it...now I want one!  Oh the possibilities with that one are endless.  Loving the cool new stuff...keeping consumerism alive, within me at least!

Got to boogie.

Out.

1 comment:

Eric said...

atta boy! buying is best...

even though I won't be doing any for a while. just bought... well, we close this coming friday, a house with my girlfriend in gainesville. it's a great move, but it means any bike plans are going to get pushed behind a new roof and some patches of wood rot first...

dang.