Friday, July 12, 2013

Last Second Change.

Yesterday was my "work till noon day".  I planned a ride and was torn between the Fargo and Nature Boy for some gravel fun.  My Colossal was at work and I brought it home so I could ride it to the cabin on Saturday.
That was it, just touching the bike had me longing for it's speed and comfort.  The Colossal got the call.  Southward we went.
I, per usual, didn't have a route.  Just kept hitting the wind.
STC, Clearwater, Annondale, outskirts of Dassel, south of hwy 12, back to Cokato, French Lake, Lake Silvia Loop (awesome), South Haven, Fairhaven, St. Augusta, STC, St. Augusta, STC, and home.
Definitely didn't plan on a century but ended up with one and 5.3 hours.  The non planned long rides are some of the best.  The pressure of being out there for that long isn't around.  Just out for a ride.  Had a great time and got some good tan lines!

Today both kids have plays to culminate the week at Theatre Camp.  They're pretty excited as am I...and I hate plays!  I may find time to sneak out this afternoon for a lap or two at the North Loop, still haven't been there since we finished all the tree removal.

Saturday we head up to the in-laws cabin with some of Brinna's friends to celebrate her birthday.  Hoping the rain holds out.  The plan is to bike up there again, but if packing is chaos may just bag it and ride up in the super van.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: