Thursday, March 17, 2016

Me and the Wind.

Most of yesterday I was sure I was either going to the gym or heading to the basement with my bike after dinner.  The idea, however, of either wasn't that appealing.  In the end I decided to battle the wind and head out for a ride.  Yes it was windy but not as bad as I anticipated and the temps weren't as cool either.  For the most part I don't mind riding in the wind solo, it's on group rides it gets clustered and frustrating. 

I headed east, north, east, north, west, south, west, south, and home.  Pretty basic pavement and gravel route but it nabbed me 2 hours...about 1.15 more than if I was to ride in the basement!

Currently the plan today is to head out this early afternoon.  Not sure on what bike yet.  The weather at the time will dictate what bike: gravel, fendered, or road.

The weekend is looming!

No comments: