Monday, June 06, 2016

A Little of This and a Little of That.

I worked the weekend so both Noah and I rode from the shop at 6 am on Saturday and Sunday.  Saturday we essentially meandered around for 3 hours.  We didn't have a route in mind so took turns when it felt right.  Time and the darkening clouds also helped dictate the ride.  Saturday ended up being a pretty wet day but we were able to avoid it all!
Sunday we had a route, mostly, in mind.  We took to the east side of the Mississippi River up to Little Falls.  Turned west to County Road 1, where we made our turn for home.  The wind, mostly out of the west, was picking up.  We battled that more than I would have liked.  But we were rewarded when we had a tail wind!
We ended with 5 hours and 100 miles.  It's been awhile since I've done a 100 before work.  It makes the day go a bit slower!

We just wrapped up our 10th Anniversary Sale at the shop.  It was a fun, busy weekend.  We have some awesome customers/friends.

Next weekend is the the Dirty Benjamin.  After having a low week (10 hours) of riding I'm ready to get after it.  Common sense tells me to take it easy before a race but we'll see how that goes!  Currently the temperature for race day is 94 with a heat index of over 100.  May be time to break out the white kit!

TNR tomorrow!  Missed last week so jacked to hit it up this week.  I'm always dragging around 5 but always stoked I did it after.  Story of my life.

Happy Monday.

No comments: