Thursday, January 26, 2017

Arrowhead 135 on the Brain.

Four days and counting till the Arrowhead 135!  More so than any other race I do this one has such a big build up.  As far as races go in Minnesota this one is a pretty big deal: it's local, has been covered several times by the states biggest newspaper, it has been around for 12 years (which in the winter racing world is a long time), and all sorts (bikers, runners, fast, slow, etc.) of people do it.  So yep, I always look forward to it!
I always try and put all I have into it and focus my training for this race.  However it never seems to work out that way.  It's hard to stay focused and consistent for a full season/year.  Even if I take a good chunk of time off it's hard for me to maintain summer/fall training (and body weight, ugh!) into winter.  So many excuses (kids in school, holidays, work, daylight, weather, sickness, etc) but many others have these same issues.  I've never gone into this race feeling 100% ready.  But I'm always excited and that is more important.  I can't wait to get up there!

I've never finished below 5th and tend to get 4th more times than not.
Goals: finish, finish 5th or higher, top 3 is high on this list, have fun.

Let's get this dance on!

No comments: