Friday, January 26, 2018

One more Winter Ultra.

The week leading up to a big race is pretty low key for me.  Not much riding going on, just enough to keep the legs moving.  The last two days I got in 2 hour rides.  Both I was surprised how great the trails were despite missing the storm and having a big warm up last week.  I've also have been venturing out on the river more.  Lots to explore out there.

As you can see, St. Cloud, is right on the edge of the brown...no snow.  But the woods are still full of it.  Get out and enjoy it.  Well by bike anyway, skiing is not so great.

Tomorrow I head up to International Falls for my 7th (I think) Arrowhead 135.  The race starts Monday morning at 7:00.  It's nice to get up there a bit early to get through gear check, bike loaded up, and a spin on the the trail sometime Sunday.  As you can see by the map above International falls is in the dark blue (almost purple) so the most snow in the state!  We should have great conditions.  As the race nears the high temps have been falling but it's still looking good.

People have been asking me how I feel and if I'm ready.  I truly never know how I feel until after race start.  I never "feel" ready as I suck at tapering.  I go into the race feeling blah, pudgy, and lethargic.  All mental things!  Nonetheless I'm super excited.  This is one of the good ones!

TrackLeaders has a page set up once again.  Click here if you want to follow along.  Not all racers will have Spot Trackers however as it's not, unfortunately and sadly, required.  The reason given for not requiring is added expense.  The amount is really not that much and requiring the use of a Tracker only benefits those at home wanting to follow along.  Maybe someday.

Happy Weekend.

No comments: