Friday, January 03, 2020

I Missed You Fat Bike.

Three hours, I made it three hours!  Since the snow fell I haven't made it over to the Plumb Creek/River Bluff Trails due to the amount of time it would require.  Now that I've crept my ride time up I made my way over on Thursday.  Despite warm temps the trails were riding amazing.  A lot of that is thanks to Scott K who regularly grooms the trail with a pull behind groomer on his bike!

I really missed just bopping around on the fat bike exploring.  Three hours yesterday flew by.  For the most part I was feeling really good post ride.  I sustained whiplash from the crash so my neck/upper back muscles get a bit funky sometimes but PT twice a week seems to be helping.



One of my favorite sections.  This is at Plum Creek, the first trail we built many years ago.  The pines were thigh high. 

I've snowshoed a bunch this winter down at Sand Prairie but not ridden the fat bike.  That's today's ride.  My guess bumpity bump (far SE corner) isn't rideable but I'll check it out.  Saturday we have a gymnastics meet in Brainerd. I'll sneak a ride in somewhere this weekend.

Fingers crossed for more snow!


As mentioned in my first post back I'm most likely in for the Arrowhead.  I'm also on the list for ITI (Iditarod Trail Invitational).  I contacted the race director asking about deferring my entry to next year.  They declined.  I'm very much on the fence.  My heart just isn't in it right now.  Not so much because of my fitness (although that is part of it), as that is coming back, but family timing.  I need to decide soon!

Happy Weekend.

No comments: