Saturday, January 25, 2020

One last ride in Cloud Town.

Yesterday morning I was still contemplating my ride.  Where, what, and how long.  Last minute I got a text from Charlie and a ride was planned.  Charlie biked from Sartell to my place and we headed over to the River Bluffs.  I knew the upper bluffs had been worked on by Scott (Thanks!) but not sure on the bottom: Time Waster and the Field.  The upper was good but the lower was work.  We took turns leading as it was a heart rate raiser for sure.

Once out of the Bluffs we decided to check out Plumb Creek.  I usually avoid it as it doesn't see as much bike or foot traffic so it's usually not as nice as the North Loop.  More times than not there are one set of foot tracks (post holed) down the middle.  But this time it was pristine!  Just a dusting over the top of hard pack.  The best I've ever ridden Plum Creek.  Thanks groomers.


 If you must snot rocket be sure to not turn the front tire.  It's deep.



 The above 3 pics are of Charlie through my favorite section: The Pines.  I've said it before but when we built these trails the trees were mid thigh high.

After Plum Charlie headed home and I headed for the North Loop and Friedrich.  I did my usual loop.  After riding Friedrich the day before, it had set up really well.  The temperature was still below freezing.

Ride Stats.

This morning I finally pulled my winter riding bin from the basement and packed for the Arrowhead. We are heading North in a few hours.  I'm ready and excited!  The weather is continually looking better, not above freezing.  But I brought a bunch of clothes incase that changes.

Next post most likely Wednesday.

No comments: