Friday, January 15, 2021

I wish it was a little bit colder.

 Skeelo fans may recognize the title of this blog, albeit the words are changed up a bit.  If the past 24-36 hours would have been 10 degrees cooler I'd be much more happy.  But instead we have been hovering around 34 degrees for much of that time.  Yep, it's kind of gross out.

Nonetheless I got out yesterday morning with Toby.  We went to our spot at Sand Prairie.  I strapped on the snowshoes knowing they weren't needed but hoped they would help pack the trail for biking, once it cools.  Honestly I think hiking this section with Toby is one of the funnest things I've been doing lately.  That dog is just so damn happy running all over and I enjoy it too.  At the end of 2.5 hours and almost 7 miles we were both soaked from the the fat, wet snowflakes falling.  I have standing water at the end of my driveway like it's spring, ugh.

Oh well, not much I can do.  The snow overnight has started to stick so at least we got some.  When all is said and done I'd be surprised if we get more than 2-3" of heavy, wet snow.  Good for packing trail however, so I'm guessing Toby and I will head over to Sand Prairie at some point today.

My original plan yesterday was to snowshoe the trail in and ride it in the afternoon.  That's when I thought a cold front was supposed to move in.  But instead it got warmer and damn sloppy.  I headed to the basement to row instead.  I made it 10,000 meters without dying!  Maybe a half marathon is in my future?!

I'm working for an employee next Sunday so he's working for me today.  I went in last night and got some stuff done, namely putting out payroll.  I have some orders I need to finish too but then it's play time!  Maybe I can drag a kid out with me too.

Happy Weekend.

Let it snow...for real.


No comments: