Friday, September 23, 2011

Now That Was Fast!

We literally received our Salsa Mukluks less than 24 hours ago (11 of them) and have 7 of them spoken for! I would have never guessed it. I am so excited. With the 7 Pugs we sold last year we have a pretty good Fat Bike community growing in St. Cloud. I think it's high time we get a group ride going. I tried last year, with help from a few others, to snowshoe in Plum Creek to allow Fat Bike rides to happen. But I was unable to keep up with all the snow we got last year. This year we will make it happen! Just awesome...never would have guessed this a few years ago!

I was able to get out for a bit over 2 hours yesterday on the All City Nature Boy. I'm pretty happy with how it felt and rode. I must say I really like riding "skinny" tubed bikes. I have some different handlebars on, Ritchey WCS carbon. They too have a smaller diameter for the hands, so far I think I like it. I need to raise the hoods a bit more, maybe the seat too, but overall it's a great bike. Looking forward to many miles on this rig.

I think we are pretty much set for the mtb race tomorrow morning. I have several small things that I need to do that have me stressed a bit, but not too bad. Most of it is logistics of getting the prizes, podium, stakes & course tape, water coolers, donated bike, etc from the shop to the race course. It's all good.

Still have yet to start packing for my trip to Colorado next week. I guess that is what the weekend will be for!

Later.

No comments: