Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Finally.

I finally managed to hit the 5 hour mark on the Pugs...5 hrs. 15 minutes to be exact. Rolled out early this morning with the warm temps and fog. I had flashing lights, solid lights, and a reflective vest on...made it!
From the below zero temps on Fridays ride to the 35 degree temps on today's ride, my body doesn't know how to adjust.
While the warm temps are kind of nice for riding I'd rather have it cold and with some snow. I really want to hit the snowmobile trails with the Pugs.

On the ride today I made it over to the Sherburne Wildlife Refuge. I've been by there a lot but have never taken the scenic loop through the Refuge. Today I did and it's awesome. It was pretty foggy, giving the wet lands a spooky feel. Pretty neat area.

Not too sure what to think about the Tuscobia this weekend. I have heard they had 8" of snow but raining today and tomorrow. I bet some will be riding regular mountain bikes, I will still rock the Fat Bike. I am using this as training for the Arrowhead so more time in the saddle of the Fat Bike the better. I think I am finally adjusting to the position and work of the Pugs...Finally!

The trail run yesterday morning in the dark was a blast. Running with a headlamp makes trail running a whole new game...good stuff. I also rode the trainer last night for 1.5 hours and watched Eastbound and Down. Gotta love Kenny Powers.

Sorry for the randomness.

Later.

No comments: