Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Rider Down!

Yesterday afternoon I boogied out of work a bit early and started my ride to our friends house for a holiday gathering. Took a more "scenic" route...pushing it to 2.5 hours of All City Nature Boy Fun! It's been awhile since I've been on a single speed and not a fat bike. Way faster but was missing the gears a few times!

This morning I rolled out on the winter bike: Surly Cross Check (single) with bigger tires...should have put the studs on.
The route took me on Hwy 10 for a very short distance. I was going with the wind, moving at a pretty good clip. At my turn I looked for cars. A car was coming but I had time. Out of the saddle I put the pressure on and started to turn.
Bam...down instantly. Slid 20+ feet. Stayed on the shoulder so no car issues!
Bruised hip and scuffed elbow. The left brake lever is a bit light now too.
Damn.

Rest of the ride was uneventful. Originally I was shooting for 5 hours. I didn't want to ride in the ice while it was dark so waited for daylight. 3 hours 15 minutes...good ride, but really need some snow to change it up.
Enough already.


Later.

No comments: