Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I Made the International Falls Newspaper!

A lazy week. I haven't done too much of anything. Well some stuff but no 3-4 hour rides! But damn if time isn't flying by!

The Arrowhead 135 is this coming Monday. Last year I did this race and got 5th. Originally my goal was to maintain 5th if not podium. But my training didn't go as planned, we didn't get snow, I ran into a "funky" period, the field of riders is stacked, etc, etc. (excuses really). So the plan is to finish, have fun, and if I do well with this attitude...awesome! Honestly, it is hard to predict how one will do in any endurance event. Toss in snow and cold and it's anyone's game. This is part of what makes the Arrowhead 135 such a fun, exciting event...of sorts.

Then I read this. I guess I'm predicted to do well.
I usually do this going into an event. Second guess my fitness and mental fortitude. I do better if I go in humble, do my best, and be happy with whatever happens.
And so it goes with Ben and racing...!

Out.

3 comments:

Tenacious T said...

Oh my goodness, a race is coming up and Ben is backtracking on any and all expectations...how unusual.

Nut up and go for the win, dude.

Good luck :-)

Two Wheel Terrorist said...

Testicular Fortitude!

Eric said...

Indeed. you aren't going to do any worse if you race to win rather than race to not have any expectations. Stomp some shit, pour water down their pants at rest stops, when you pass someone at night, pretend to yawn and switch off their light - that one always works...

better yet, just trust in your fitness and your ability and kick some frozen ass.