Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Little Rambling.

First xc ski of the season happened yesterday...and I survived to tell about, lucky you.  Only crashed once, but I don't think anyone saw, so does it count?!

Started at, where else but, the North Loop.  Did a few laps there and headed over to the Orchard Loop via the culvert.  But it had not been groomed yet.  I was bummed and a bit angry.  But really why?  It's all volunteers and I no longer help in that regard so should really just keep my mouth shut.  Back at the North Loop I did a few more laps for a 1 hour 15 minutes.  Pretty fun time.  Nice to do something different.
My bum ankle really flares up skiing so I'll need to figure that out.

Got word yesterday that all the work we did at Plum Creek stomping in a fat bike path was wrecked by a hiker and dog.  Oh joy, just like two years ago.  If they would just let it set up.  Time for some signs, shotguns, and anti Sierra Club stickers.  I kid, but it's the local Sierra Club chapter that has fought us tooth and nail on the Plum Creek trails and now the North Loop.  Frustrating to say the least.
We've actually cleaned up Plum Creek a lot, chased away ATV use, and maintained a trail system the the city has now incorporated in the the official park plan.  Oh but this is another post.

Having a big itch to get out on the fat bike and check out the snowmobile trails.  Heard they won't be groomed for a bit but have seen high use, so that should be sufficient.  Hoping for tomorrow morning before work.
Today is the short day at work but have Harper after.  Sounds like a good time to make some more granola.  Need to put together my trail mix I use for the winter races too. 
Day off is good.  I'm tired from work, in a good way.  Did 11 stone tunes two days ago and 5 base preps and sales floor work yesterday.  Harry and I ate lunch standing up.  The 'ol dogs are barking!

Later.

No comments: