Friday, January 25, 2013

Arrowhead 135 Thoughts.

The lead up to this years Arrowhead 135 has been a weird one for me.  Not too sure what it is but overall I just don't feel as ready.  Maybe it's because I've done this race and the Tuscobia a few times that I'm mentally not stressing as much or doing too much to prepare for it?
Whatever the case the race goes off this coming Monday at 7 am.  I'll be there...ready or not!

I'd love to stay in the top 5 this year but I know that will be tough.  Many more great riders are toeing the line this time.  I really just need to stay with it mentally.  I think that may be my Achilles heel this time around.  One just never know...15-19 hours on a bike...a lot can happen!

Updates will be posted on my Facebook page by Jen.  The Arrowhead website should have running updates as well.
I've received lots of well wishes and boosts of confidence from all over cyber world.  Feels good...thanks everyone.

My biggest goal is to have fun.  I'm going to go as hard as I can and try like hell to keep the doubting demons at bay.  1st or 20th matter for a bit, but the experience and friendships last so much longer.

May post again may not.

Here we go...


out.

1 comment:

John said...

As Yoda says... "there is no try. there is only do and no do."
You got all you need to do.
Have a blast!