Sunday, January 27, 2013

Here We Go.

In less than an hour Jen, her mom, Harper, myself, and lots of gear will head up North to International Falls in the super van.  Amazing what can fit inside of those things!

I'm flipping ready to get on with this race and move on to the next chapter.  I'm excited and nervous.  The nerves really didn't start till yesterday.  This is my 3rd time doing the Arrowhead and I still don't know what to expect.  Conditions are the big unknown and really dictate the ride.

I pulled a last minute no no and switched out my front wheel (Rolling Daryl) with a Clown Shoe and Big Fat Larry tire (BFL).  New snow and warmer conditions have me thinking it may be a bit nicer to have some more float and control.  So I spent a good portion of yesterday truing a rotor so it doesn't rub.  My fork is set up for front hub dimensions but I'm using rear.  Meaning the rotor sits a bit further in towards the hub.  Carver Bikes has a spacer they send with their forks to allow the use of either hub.  The problem is the adapter apparently isn't level so when the rotor gets tightened down it goes all over the place.  So if riding by me you may hear the continuous rub of brakes!  iPod packed!

Back next week.

Later.


This race, The Arrowhead 135, I'm dedicating to some friends who recently lost their infant son unexpectedly.
RIP: Alex Almanzo H.

No comments: