Monday, February 04, 2013

Biking!

The snow conditions for Fat Biking in central MN are Awesome.  The past few "tiny" snowfalls have amounted to a nice base over the icy and dirt exposed sections.  More snow expected tonight.  Get out there while you can.

I met up at a friends house in Sartell for our 8 am departure.  Josh, Jeff, Charlie, Corey, and myself made the crew.  The snowmobile literally goes through Josh's yard!  Lucky!
From Sartell the trail snakes through groves of trees to St. Stephen.  If I had to guess I would have told you the trail would have been boring and through a lot of farm fields.  But nope...lots of woods, twisty trails and elevation change.  All good stuff.

At St. Stephen we headed west to the first trail intersection.  North towards Rice/Holdingford or west towards St. Ana.  Jeff headed back and the rest of us headed West.  Near the end of our Westerly route the trail seemed to fizzle out a bit.  No worries, we just bushwhacked a bit and did some lake crossing.  The lakes are a blast right now.
Eventually hopped on the Wobegon Trail and took that into St. Joseph where we proceeded North again to Sartell.
Ended with 5 hours and 45 miles.

I was happy with how I felt.  The legs were sluggish at first but came around and really felt good all day.  The ass and under carriage are still a wee bit tender.  Should have used some Chamois Cream!

Later in the day the family and I headed over to my folks for a Super Bowl feast. 

Not a bad Sunday.

Today, Monday, brings on a new start.  Back to watching what I eat and normalizing (for me!) my exercise.  I'm ready.

Later.

No comments: