Friday, August 25, 2017

Good Rides!

Wednesday morning I did get a tad over 3 hours in on the road bike.  As stated in an earlier post the road bike feels so fast...zoom!  Plus getting out in the morning the wind was low and the sun was out without clouds.  All added to a great ride.  Always a great way to start the day prior to going to work.

Thursday I was off from work and planned a longer gravel ride.  I left around 8:30, only and hour off my planned departure...just one more cup of coffee!
The wind was E/SE eventually turning all East.  I opted, one again, for the Dirt Bag route.  I actually combined parts from the early and current years.  It was windier than I thought it would be but really it didn't bother me too much.  Again the sun was out which hasn't been the case much of August.  It was a really good ride.  Despite having done this route so many times I wasn't bored or wishing I was done.  I found myself actually wishing I could keep going.  But it was the Bike. Beer. Burrito ride that evening and Jen and I planned to attend.

I finished with 6 hours 40 minutes and 121 miles.  I showered, grabbed something to eat, and got ready for the Burrito Ride!  This is our 3rd week attending the ride.  We've been taking the Salsa Powderkeg Tandem...so much fun!  Every week the ride grows...67 riders last night!

I work this morning but plan a quick spin at the North Loop.  It's 6:30 and still dark.  Ah Summer is slipping away.

Tomorrow is the Off The Back Century (causal ride/event in town).  I hope to go but rain and storms have been predicted all week.  If it's raining when I get up I may just find a place on the couch with my coffee.

Happy Weekend.

No comments: