Thursday, October 26, 2017

Not as Planned.

So far this week hasn't gone as I had planned.  I thought I'd have 4+ hours of riding in thus far but currently am at a big 'ol goose egg.  Between work, house stuff, and kid stuff it's been a bit busy.  The rest of the week is weather related and a wedding.  I'm tempted to just bag the week and start over next Monday.  I'm mostly bummed on Friday.  I was looking forward to biking to Hayward.  I haven't totally written it off but it's not looking good.  My attitude and plans will probably change in a few hours so nothing is for certain!

I did get the rain bike revamped and ready to roll incase it gets the nod.  It's a Surly Cross Check that has been a single speed since I've owned it.  This year I've switched it to a 1x11 using Sram Apex.  Having gears will be a nice addition.  With that switch I am without a single speed for the first time and many years.  I think a single speed mountain bike will make it's way back into the stable at some point but I think I'm done with the open road single speed.  But it's me so who knows!


No comments: