Friday, November 03, 2017

Fat Bike Makes My Legs Tired.

I take Harper to school everyday.  We leave by or before 7:15 to make it on time.  I usually take the Subaru but Jen had an overnight conference so the car would just sit at Tech High School.  Thus she took the beat up Subaru and I took the kid getter (mini van).
It's still pitch black out at that time, the mirrors are all jacked as Jen drives it more than I, Harper was talking to me about Tootsie Rolls, and there was the Subaru to get around.  Crash...I hit a tree with the  van.  Broken taillight and some quarter panel pieces.  Crap.  But I'm not the first to hit this tree, there have been many over the years.

The plan was to head out on a long ride after getting Harper to school, but now I had to figure out the van situation.  Well I got the van figured out, ran some errands, and contemplated if I should still ride.  Ride I did.

I took the fat bike out again.  I made the trek over to Quarry Park and bopped around there for a bit.  I basically had the place to myself!  From there I hit up the River Bluffs/Plum Creek.  I thought about hitting up the Loop on the way home but I was already over 3 hours and (I hate to admit it) but tired.  I guess the legs are not in Fat Bike Shape!  Lots more to push and constant resistance!

Maybe some more snow (slush) tonight.  I may be able to get out tomorrow morning a bit but then we have to head up to Duluth for another wedding.  We are excited as we love Duluth and haven't been able to make it there yet this year.


No comments: