Thursday, November 02, 2017

November...Already?!

Sheesh, October buzzed right on by.  Fast month!  With it now being November I decided it was time to start fat biking again.  Yeah I don't fat bike all year round.  I have better bikes for the job at hand.  For me the fat bike gets the nod when the weather starts to turn...and turn it has.  Twice already we've had measurable snow, yesterday being such a day.  It goes quickly but compared to years past this is way early, but I'm starting to like it.

Last night I headed out on the fat bike.  I started down on my race track (my version of a trainer) in the Talahi Woods to warm up.  Then on to Sand Prairie.  Now that some of the vegetation has started to die I'm able to hit up more of my winter route.  It's not fast but it's exploring and perfect for the fat bike.  I noticed they cut in a new trail within the past week or so.  This adds a nice little loop.  I was able to put on over an hour in at Sand Prairie.  On to the North Loop.  I did just one loop but his put me close to 2.5 hours on the night, perfect.

I'm planning on a longer ride today (finally).  Initially I thought I'd be taking the Cutthroat but with the fat bike dirty from last nights ride I'm now leaning towards a fat bike ride.  It'll be slower but just as fun.  I do like to get miles in on the fat bike before any of my events to get the knees and body adjusted and use to the wide Q factor and such.

No comments: