Monday, November 27, 2017

That's a Wrap.

Friday night I debated whether to get up early to ride Saturday before work.  With family plans after I knew if I wanted to ride I best do it in the morning.  4:30 was the wake up, putting me on the bike by about 5:15.  Starting rides in the dark and watching the sun is amazing.  It's always worth the early mornings.  I just can't string too many of these together or I tend to get crabby with the tiredness.
I basically did the same route as last Saturday as the wind was out of the NW again.  I didn't venture as far West so my Strava design was a long, narrow rectangle.  3 hours 40 minutes, 52 miles.

I worked Sunday as well but we don't open till noon.  I set the alarm for 6:00, my normal time.  I sat on the couch, in the quiet, drinking coffee waiting on the sun to rise.  While riding when the sun is rising is great, a cup of coffee in the dark is pretty great too!  I was out riding by 7:30 or so.  I basically did my county road 8 loop with and extension at the end.  2.5 hours and 36 miles.

My goal for the week was 20 hours on the fat bike.  I managed 20.5 and 286 miles.  Of course I saw how close I was to 300 miles (my summer weekly goal) and immediately contemplated riding again that evening!  I have a problem!

Back to regular schedules this week, thus making riding 20 hours difficult.  Shooting for 15 this week.  Saturday the Mid MN Cycling Club is hosting a ride to celebrate Global Fat Bike Day.  We are meeting at the North Loop at 10 for a ride.  Again later that evening we are meeting at Beaver Island Brew Pub at 6:30 for a membership drive, get a chance to see the new groomer we bought, and win some schwag from great sponsors, (Podiumwear, 45North, Beaver Island, Fitzharris, Revolution, and more)!

No comments: