Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Bonus Ride.

I had planned on being the runner last night for the girls...gymnastics night.  But it turned out Jen opted to bring them and I'd later pick up Avery.  I'm not one to squander an opportunity to ride so I did just that.  I didn't have much time, the North Loop has been temporarily closed, so I headed to Sand Prairie.
Despite dressing light I was still too warm.  We hit 58 degrees yesterday with a wicked south wind.  At the rides end (1.5 hours) it was still 46 degrees.  It's 38 right now so we didn't even dip below freezing last night, ugh.  Man I hope this weather turns around quickly.  Both for my personal wants and also my business.  Actually so many MN businesses rely on snow.  Back when I was drinking I friended an owner of a liquor store...imagine that!  He said his business was drastically down in warm, no snow winters.  Weird.  Anyway it's time to snow.

I'm hoping to get a couple hour ride in tonight.  The wind is slotted to be strong (20 or so) out of the NW.  Not sure on a route yet.  May bop over to the River Bluffs and play around or maybe even Quarry.  Not feeling the desire to battle the wind on the open road with the fat bike again.  My plans easily change though.


No comments: