Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Oops.


Early Friday afternoon we headed down to Jen's folk's house to start our slew of Christmas celebrations.  I decided against bringing a bike.  I know me and if I brought it I'd be obsessed about when and if I should ride, etc.  Plus I suck at taking time off so not having my bike would force me off the bike.  

Saturday was celebration #2, again and Jen's folk's house.  I usually get put in charge of cutting up all the ingredients for a "Christmas Salad".  One of the ingredients are beets that need to be match sticked.  This year I opted to use the mandoline with the teeth up to match stick the beets in one pass. I have and use a mandoline often but never with the teeth up.  I was watching closely and literally said to myself "on more pass".  Well not being used to the teeth on more pass was one too many!


Oops!  I couldn't decide if I should go in and get stitches or not.  About 4 hours later I went in to get stitches.  Two in each of the bigger cuts.  Mostly because I have the Tuscobia coming up and didn't want it to be an issue.  It's all good and pain free, just with some stitches.

Yesterday (back home)I finally got out for a sub zero temperature ride.  It just happened to fall on Christmas.  I kept it short, 1 hour 15 minutes or so.  Just spinning on the trails getting used to the cold temps and the 45Nrth Wolgar boots.

It's another sub zero temp day.  We have our 5th celebration this afternoon at my folk's place.  I plan on getting out for a bit longer ride, mostly to ride and test the race bike.  I haven't' touched it since last winter.  May be a good idea to ride it before a race!  Luckily my other fat bike is the same era Mukluk so the geometry and such are al the same.  Just hoping the saddle and wider bars are not an issue.

I'll spin the next 2-3 days but nothing fancy.  Friday I'll head over to Rice Lake and ready myself for the Tuscobia!  They have a bunch of snow and early reports have the trail looking good.  I'm getting excited!


No comments: