Friday, December 29, 2017

Tuscobia Time!

Tomorrow at this time I will have over 2 hours in on the Tuscobia Trail.  I'm feeling amped and ready.  Of course not as ready as I had hoped.  Having the holidays prior to the race has my routine is all messed up.  Many folks have told me they think I could and should win it this year.  However, winning, is never my goal in these winter races.  I want to finish, have fun, stay safe, and do well.  While winning would be great and fun that's always secondary to me.  Maybe the wrong attitude but it works for me.

You can track my progress once again on Trackleaders.  It's not required that everyone have a tracker so it's not super accurate.  The race itself will also be updating here.

The wildcard this year is the weather.  Depending where you look the high looks to be -7 and the low -20.  In my experience at Tuscobia it will get colder than predicted in spots.  While I've ridden in that many times I don't have much experience yet this season.  I'm not panicked but I am trying out some new pants that I don't have much history with.  I'm heading out shortly for and hour spin to test them out.  Then it's on to Rice Lake, WI.



The blue continues to creep south!  Yesterday I woke to about and inch and maybe .5" more during the day.  I hoped to get out and play in it last night after work but opted for going to the movies with the family.  Amazing what a coating of new snow does to the landscape and my attitude towards our winters!

1 comment:

the chocolate doctor מרת שאקאלאד said...

Wow. What do you waer for this kind of thing?