Friday, December 08, 2017

Stupid Hands.

When I left for my ride yesterday it was still only 8 degrees.  Not crazy cold but from what we've been having it was a big change.  For the most part I nailed the clothing, even though it got up to 20 degrees by the rides end.  I do have messed up hands however.  About 30 minutes in my left hand started to get cold.  No matter what I did it kept getting colder.  Even holding one of those chemical hand warmers did little.  From dealing with this for several years I knew I just needed to let it run it's course.  It's weird but after awhile (1-2 hours) it will start to heat up.  Sure enough it did.  Always feels great when blood flows back into a cold hand, ouch!  Then it was the right hand.  After that got out of the way all was good.

Despite being a solid West wind I headed NE for a bit.  I made my way up to the Soo Line ATV trail, which runs East/West to NE/SW but figured I'd be sheltered from the wind.  Um, nope!  I felt like I was battling the wind the entire ride.  Plus my last ride I let out air from my tires as I was riding off road.  I thought about topping them off at the start but figured it would be fine.  Man did it feel like those tires were grabbing (slow).

By the rides end my legs were tired! It took me 7 hours 45 minutes to do 101 miles...13mph average. Fat Bike Centuries!  I'd say about 2/3rds of the ride was on gravel or the ATV trail.  Despite it being slow and arduous I still had fun!

We are finally able to move into our house this weekend!  I'm starting to move some stuff today with most of it being tomorrow.  I will miss my mom "taking" care of me (meals, laundry, etc) but 8 months later it's time.

Happy Weekend.

No comments: