Monday, March 26, 2018

Back in the Saddle!

Saturday I had been off the bike for nearly 3 weeks.  The weather was overcast, chilly, and windy.  I was waffling back and forth on riding or waiting till Monday to start things off.  The desire to get back on the bike was too strong so I suited up and headed out into the wind.  Man I am glad I did!

Despite the wind and gloomy skies I had a blast.  Taking time off always leaves me a bit sluggish on the bike at first but joy of being out offset the sluggishness. Time flew by and the sun came out.  I ended with 54 miles in over 3 hours.

Sunday I went out for more.  The wind was more prevalent, making my trek to gravel grueling.  Saturday I was purely on pavement with the slop bike.  Sunday I pulled out the Cutthroat and headed for parts of the Dirt Bag course.  The gravel was great!  There were only a few sloppy sections and I came out relatively clean.  Again I was over 3 hours and in the 50's for mileage.
So glad I headed out this weekend.  Good for my mind and body.

Overall I felt great on the bike.  My neck got sore both days but was short lived.  The legs felt the rides but aren't shot.  I have some work to get my fitness back but will come with time.  Ragnorok in in 2 weeks.  It will be very hurty!

Happy Monday.

No comments: