Thursday, April 05, 2018

More Fat Bike!

Not the Wednesday morning (before work at noon) ride I was anticipating in April.  I think we officially got another 7" of snow Tuesday, yuck.  But it's hard to complain as I am a snow lover and it is the best snow we've had in many years.  Why not in December?!!
I got word that Plum Creek and the River Bluffs were groomed so I figured I'd take the fat bike and go check it out.  It was pretty dang fun I have to admit.  The loop I like to do around a field wasn't groomed so I thought I'd give it a go.  That was a lot of spinning, letting more and more air out, post holing, and searching for more gears...so deep!


Back on the pavement I pumped the tires back up and spun around some on urban trails.  Despite being in the teens the sun had the roads a sloppy mess already.  Bring on the melt.
2.5 hours on the day.

Currently it's 2 degrees!  Once the sun breaks the horizon the temps are to climb to about freezing.  I'm off and planning on heading South.  That's all I know.  Time and distance will come.  I'll check out the gravel but pretty sure it will be icy then messy.

Guess what!  More snow on Sunday!

No comments: