Tuesday, April 03, 2018

More Winter.

It started snowing around noon yesterday.  It did so on and off the rest of the day, picking up steam at night.  I haven't been out yet but maybe 5 more inches of snow with a few more predicted for today.  The winter that won't quit!
Thus I pulled the mukluk out yesterday afternoon and hit up my winter loop: Sand Prairie, The North Loop, and Friedrich Park.  It was a heavy wet snow so riding anywhere was possible and pretty fun actually.  Sure I'd rather have 60 degrees and sun but this is what we have.  I got in two slow, fun hours of riding.  I'd like to do more of the same tonight but the Nordic Ski Club of Central MN has an event at the library regarding our low snow winters and how it affects ski towns etc.  I guess I'm on the panel.  Ironic we are getting pounded with snow!

The folks putting on Ragnorok are going to head out and check the roads this afternoon and report back.  Red Wing, race location, is slotted for 8-10" of snow today.  I go back in forth on my excitement for doing this race.  I need to make the call today or tomorrow about going.

Now...do I shovel?!

No comments: