Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Short Rides and Race Wheels.

Monday afternoon, before a gymnastics meet, I got out for a short spin.  With the new snow a bunch of the trails I "mess" around on aren't ready yet so I headed for the North Loop.  The sport loop was good but still a bit soft.  However, it wasn't till Maxx's Option that I had to air down and work harder than I wanted to.

 Trail in the Sport Loop.

Maxx's Option hadn't seen as much snowshoe or bike action so it was much harder going.  I did make my way over to Friedrich as well.  The sections Jen and I packed in were riding pretty well.  The side trails and such still need work.

Tuesday was almost the same ride, minus Maxx's Option.  Plus I road in the morning.  It was pretty cool, -5 at the start.  Colder temps provide better traction so climbing any hill was much easier than the prior day.

Speaking of temperatures we are coming into a warm up, and a pretty big one at that.
 Warmup coming!
Even International Falls, the start of the Arrowhead, will be in the 30's come race day.  Should make for interesting conditions!

Yesterday I cleaned up the Salsa Mukluk and put on the "race" wheels: Onyx Hubs and Hed carbon rims.  Jim at Onyx nailed the color!
Oooo...
Ahhh...

I'll start packing for the Arrowhead Saturday morning, the day we head North.  I did buy some food stuff last night and made another batch of Benny Balls.

No riding today and PT this morning.

Happy Hump Day.

No comments: