Friday, March 27, 2020

Another Week.

Well we made it to Friday!  Once again the week itself was fast, I think, but looking back to Monday seems forever ago.  Starting today at midnight we have a "stay at home" order.  The shop is considered essential so, for the time being, we are remaining open with our reduced hours.  We are still allowed to exercise outside as long as we practice social distancing.  No problem here!

Yesterday I lucked out with a great day for riding.  It's wasn't the warmest at the start but it warmed up to the mid 40's later on.  But most importantly, there was basically zero wind!  What wind there was was out of the East so that was my direction.  Because of the gravel, lack of traffic, scenery, and not having eastern winds often it's one of my favorite directions to ride.

I didn't have a specific route in mind other than head east.  Once the road would end I headed north till I could head east again.  Once the time came to turn around I did the opposite, west and south.  On  the way out I'd estimate it was 90% gravel.  On the way back I ran out of gravel about a third of the way so maybe 70-75% gravel for the entire ride.  Good stuff.

 Miles and miles of this.

Ride Info.

I'm up normal time a month ago but since the virus it's early.  Heading out for a ride before work.  Another nice day is on tap.  Saturday and Sunday are looking pretty wet, windy and maybe some snow.  I'll navigate the weather and get a ride or two in but guessing of the shorter variety and most likely on the Slop Bike (Surly Cross Check, single speed and rendered).

Happy Weekend.

No comments: