Friday, May 29, 2020

Getting Through the Week.

Memorial Day threw my routine of blogging M-W-F out the window.  The whole week has been a bit weird.  School is winding down, the weather is all over the place, work is still busy (but more normal busy), the Cities are a mess, etc.
I shouldn't but I feel like a vacation is needed.  I know it will be awhile yet but I'm ready to get back to "normal"...it that can even happen.

Tuesday I took off from riding.  Wednesday I planned to get up at 5, which I was, to ride but came up with a bunch of excuses to go back to bed.  Namely, it was still a bit wet from the previous nights rain.  I did get out for an hour MTB ride after dinner.

Thursday I headed out on the Cutthroat for a longer ride.  NW wind that was picking up throughout the day, and did it ever!  The further NW I went the slower I got, battling the wind.  Finally I had enough and made the turn to work my way home.

The Ride.

Again I got up around 5 to ride this morning.  I wanted to spin the legs a bit.  But the wind is already in the teens so that leaves and easy ride hard to obtain.  So I sat on the couch, drinking coffee, looking at social media.  I think I may head out for an hour mtb ride however.

Had Covid-19 not happened I'd be waking up in Emporia, KS today, getting ready to depart this afternoon on a 350 ride.  That's now tentatively scheduled for September.  Tomorrow Jim and I are heading out on a 200+ mile ride, dubbed the Dirty Doom.  Looking forward to it.  Weather is looking great!

Ride a bike.  Happy Weekend.

No comments: