Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Recap.

Saturday I worked but wanted to get a ride in before heading in.  I got up early, but as seems to be the norm, it was threatening rain.  I sat around a bit but finally said screw it and headed out.  Near the end of county road 8 it stared to sprinkle and then eventually rain, albeit lightly.  I altered my ride plans and just did the county road 8 loop with Franklin.  I did do a hard effort of Fulton Circle getting a KOM, so there is that!
After work I mowed and put down some organic/natural fertilizer stuff as rain was predicted the rest of the weekend.  Not sure but I think we then had a fire that night.  The days are blending!

Sunday I was up and out on the Evergreen before anyone else was stirring.  I did wait a bit as it was very foggy.  I ended up doing the Dirt Bag course.  The wind was low most of the ride and I stayed dry...well at least from rain, I was sweating in the humidity pretty dang good.
Sunday on the Dirt Bag course.

Monday was a similar start time, but on the Cutthroat and heading North.  About 4 or so miles from home I was just starting to turn when the rear tire hit a piece of metal.  It put a 2-3" slit in the tire.  It went instantly flat.  Because I was starting a turn the tire ripped off one side.  Carbon rims on asphalt is slippery...I went down.
What a mess.

I thought about calling for a ride but no one was up yet and figured I should give it shot at fixing it.  I love tubeless but dealing with it when you have to put in a tube is a mess.  Plus the gnats were ridiculous. I always carry my tube in a ziploc baggie to help prevent any holes from rubbing while in my seat bag.  I used this baggy as a patch on the inside of the tire.  It worked amazingly well!  I headed back home, sprayed the bike down to get rid of the sealant, grabbed the Evergreen, and headed back out.

I changed my original ride plans, so now I was riding up to Little Falls and back, along the Mississippi River.  A great route that I haven't done yet this year.  I added a few extra turns etc in as well.  Can leave well enough alone.

The Ride.

Once home I showered, changed, got the families bikes ready, and we headed out for a short ride.  We headed down the Beaver Island Trail.  Got ice cream at McDonald's and headed back.  A new record for Harper, almost 11 miles!

Back to work this morning.  Still humid and Jen still won't let us turn on the AC!  Hoping it rains this afternoon/evening.  We need the moisture and maybe that will break the humidity.

No comments: