Wednesday, May 20, 2020

More East Winds.

I usually work Tuesday but things at the shop are slowly getting back to normal, less crazy busy, and I'm working the weekend so I took Tuesday off.
Normally I'm stoked when we have an East wind but as of late we've had a bunch.  Yep, yesterday too.  Thus I headed out on my goto route when the wind is out of the East.

I wasn't excited about the route until I hit the gravel.  Narrow roads, fully treed, and very few cars.  Soon enough I was in the zone, clicking off the miles.  Once I passed Hwy 169 I slowly started making my way South and East.  I crossed Hwy 95 before I anticipated but it worked out for the better.  Found some fun roads I hadn't been on before.  After crossing Hwy 47 I continued on, just shy of Cambridge.  There I headed South.  I wanted to go East a bit more but Hwy 65 was coming up which led to (seemingly) more traffic and towns.  I opted to head South a bit more before turning for home.

The gravel on the way back is always a bit sparse but I managed to find some sections here and there.  I made better time than anticipated on the way back, thanks tailwind, so I juggled the route a bit and added on some more options.

You can see where I headed back East some.

The ride, Evergreen.

At home I brought the Cutthroat to the backyard and gave it a good cleaning.  New wheels, chain, and pedals are going on today at some point.  Then it was off to the store to get the needed supplies for pasta primavera. 
Later we watched a reshowing of the 1987 Twins World Series Game 7.  Kind of fun and a great day.

The birds woke me earlier than my alarm so I should be on the bike before 6 for a couple hours before work.  Nothing fancy, just spinning.


No comments: