Monday, May 18, 2020

Dodging Rain.

Saturday rain was predicted on and off most of the day.  There was a window of opportunity in the morning so I took it, heading out on the Evergreen.  It was a straight east wind so I took on of my favorite routes.  Great gravel on the way out and smooth pavement on the way back.  I kept checking over my shoulder to see if the clouds were getting darker.  About the midpoint it started to spit some but never materialized past that.  I made it home dry!  It actually looked like I had time to mow so I got changed and headed out...it was raining!

The Ride.

It rained on and off the rest of the day.  Harper and I got a walk in while Jen and the big girls got a run in.  It's really getting green out.  

It was predicted to rain most of Sunday, letting up in the late afternoon.  It wasn't raining in the morning but it kept hinting at rain.  I should have gone in the morning as I had about the same window of opportunity.  
I did get out but not till 4:30.  As soon as I left it started raining again.  I almost turned around but pushed on.  It rained half the ride but lightly.  The wind made it feel way worse.  Even on the Cutthroat and it's 2.2" tires I was sinking in on the wet gravel.  It was a fierce NE wind.  The roads don't travel that direction directly so I was doing a lot of leaning to stay upright.  The turn for home and the anticipated tailwind was phenomenal!
The Ride.

Before I left on the ride I made bean soup.  Later that night, for tonight, I made chili.  Getting in the last cool weather meals before summer finally hits.  I planned to get up early to ride before work.  I awoke before the alarm and contemplated riding or not.  I wasn't really tired so getting up wasn't an issue.  But I've ridden the last 16 days.  So I rolled back over and slept a bit more before getting up.  No ride today.  The lawn awaits this afternoon.

No comments: