Monday, August 10, 2020

Another Monday.

 I missed last Friday as I was home but the computer was with the family up at the in-laws cabin.  We had a mini mid week vacation.  We headed up on Wednesday, I on bike and the family in the car like normal people.  Thursday, around noon, I made my way back home as I had to work on Friday.  Both days I did an extended route. 

To the cabin.
Home with a Headwind.

Friday I got up early to get a short ride in before work.  It was the start of the humidity and high dew points creeping back in.  Saturday I got up with Toby and took my time getting ready.  I finally got out around 8:00.  I started out with plans to do parts of the Dirt Bag but changed my mind down County Road 8.  I bypassed the first section and jumped on the back section of the Dirt Bag, parts I don't hit up as often. Somewhere along the line I got stung in my thigh.  That's the second sting this week.  So it begins.  I think my record is 4 stings in a week.  Whatever got me in my leg, my body doesn't like.  It's a big 'ol welt. Later that day we went back-to-school shopping with the girls.  Despite it being an odd start the girls are optimistic and excited.


Saturday's Ride.

Sunday was thicker air and would eventually rain.  I hung out with Toby until others started to get up.  We had a power hour or so of cleaning.  Never fun but it sure is gratifying when you're done.  A trip to Costco was made as well.  The rain had passed and clear skies were taking over.  I got out around 3:30.  SW wind, changing more West later on.  Still hit up County Road 8 but made my way as if I was going to Darwin and the Big Ball of Twine.  I didn't have time for that so I stayed North of Hwy 24 and made my way more West.  I hit up some roads I don't ride as often.  I'm not sure if it was the newer roads or the fact I was able to get out but time was flying.  I ended up with more time in the saddle than intended. 

I was surprised how well the gravel was riding after the rain.  We have been, still are, super dry so the rain really helped.

The Ride.


The coffee pot started working at 4:45 this morning so Toby was up.  It's easier to get up when there is a whining dog versus an alarm.  I'll head out shortly for a spin prior to work.  We are now pretty short staffed at work so leaving prior to closing will be hard.  Looks like I'll be doing more morning rides than not.

Happy week.

No comments: