Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Another Early Riser.

Well it's the coffee pot.  Monday and Tuesday I had the coffee pot set to go off at 4:45.  The popping, gurgling, and hissing is enough to get Toby up.  Kind of nice as it eliminates the potential to roll back over to sleep.  Thus the past mornings I've been getting up earlier than anticipated and out the door earlier than planned.  Getting out earlier with the shrinking daylight I've had to use a front light now as well.  Fall is coming!  I'm ready.

Both Monday and Tuesday I was able to get in 3 hours or so at 50 and 60 miles.  This morning I planned on sleeping in a bit but Toby seems to be programmed now to get up early so I was up at 5:15.  An extra 30 minutes!  He's a freak about food. I'm afraid I've set him up to be an early riser to both pee and eat, then later poop.  Routine.

I'm off today and tomorrow.  We are heading up to Jen's folk's cabin.  We are meeting Jen's brother there.  We will be tenting it.  Still social distancing. The plan is to ride up today and back tomorrow.  Tailwind today and headwind tomorrow, currently anyway.

My last two scheduled events, Heck of the North and Marji Gesik, have been canceled.  It was expected and applauded but still a bummer.  I'm surprised the DAMn is still going off in the coming weeks.  Seems odd to me.  I still have the Crusher EX, which was switched from a mass start event to an on your own from July-October.  It's in the U.P. so not sure if it will work for me to get up there but I'd like to.  225 miles of "enhanced" gravel, solo, is my kind of event!


No comments: