Monday, August 03, 2020

Lake Miles.

Friday was a nuts day at the shop. The family was heading up to my folks cabin sometime during the day. I hoped to get out early to go with them. If not I'd bike up in the morning but rain was predicted and a NW (headwind).  Well they were running behind and I was able to get out an hour early, so in the van I rode.  I always bike to the cabin so I felt like I was cheating!

Saturday, late morning, Chad (my brother in-law) and I headed out for a ride.  The wind was coming strong out of the NW.  We did a 25 mile loop to the South.  A bit past the 25 mile loop Chad headed back around the lake and I pushed on into the wind.  I don't ride here a bunch and most, if not all, of the riding is to the South.  I was now North of any familiar roads.  I continued on in a North and West routine until I hit Perham.  Here I was able to reload on fluids before making my way back. 

I figured I was further West than I actually was.  I went East a bit too far and overshot the cabin by several miles, like a town or two.  It's alway fun exploring new roads. I was struggling with heavy legs the first part of the ride but eventually came around to happy legs.

The Ride.

Back at the cabin I planned on going for a swim but the NW wind, cooler temps, and overcast skies changed my mind and I settled for a hot shower.

Sunday morning was lazy, as they should be at the cabin.  Around 11 I headed back out this time pointed home.  I wanted to avoid the Wobegon Trail so I headed East a long time.  Once past Hwy 71 I started heading South, alternating East when I came to a "T".  Again many of these roads were new to me.  Always makes the ride more interesting.  I did hit the trail in Albany.  With a NE wind I was getting a bit of a cross wind so the trail was a nice protection.  

The Ride.

Once home I changed clothes and headed out to mow.  The weather is more fall like than summer.  A very welcome reprieve from the previous weekend.

I was back and forth if I wanted to ride this morning or take the day off.  I figured I'd see how I felt when the alarm went off.  Well Toby got me up at 4:45 so I guess I'm riding!

Happy Week.

No comments: