Friday, July 31, 2020

Feeling Good in the Saddle.

I ended up taking Wednesday off from riding, based on my ride Tuesday.  I just felt meh.  Thursday was another go.  Wow!  The weather was amazing on Thursday!  I got up with Toby, fed him, and took him for a walk, then waited for Jen to get up before heading out on my ride. 

What little wind there was was out of the NE.  I haven't been this way in a bit so I was excited for the route.  I stuck with the Cutthroat but tossed a new saddle on before departure.  A bit over an hour in and I started to deviate from the route I had in my head.  I started going more North than East. Nonetheless I ended up crossing Hwy 169, so I was going plenty far East.  After heading North a bit more I started heading back towards home.  There wasn't much wind at all but the "going home" section seemed to fly by.
The Ride. 

Overall I felt much better mentally and physically on this ride.  Enough so that I'm up early this morning to get a ride in before work.  It's been a week since I rode early and damn has it changed.  It's still basically dark out!  Fall is coming!

It'll be interesting to see what Toby does when I put him back in the crate.  Guessing he won't be a happy camper.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: