Friday, August 14, 2020

More of the sweat thing.

 Summer isn't done with us yet!  I didn't get out till 8:30 yesterday as I was hanging out with Toby until others started to wake up.  The dew point was just starting to creep up but not too bad.  That would change throughout the ride.

It was pretty much a solid South wind.  With the recent rain I opted to stay off gravel for the first part of the ride.  Basically did a straight shot almost to Howard Lake.  A few mile North of Howard Lake I headed West on some gravel.  I zigged and zagged my way over to Darwin and the ball of twine.  No pictures this time.  Turns out the ball is quite the attraction during pandemic times!

By now the dew point was quite high and the sun was starting to peak through the clouds.  Needless to say I was soaked.  Like couldn't get any more wet even if it was raining soaked.  That's a lot of sweat!

Since I started using Skratch and/or Infinite Nutrition over just water on hot days I really don't have much of an issue with hot days.  Besides being nasty wet from sweat. 

The Ride.

I technically have the rest of the week off from work.  He had hoped to go camping somewhere but not somewhere busy.  Most places we checked into were booked.  The weather is super iffy today into the weekend.  Plus work is a bit up in the air.  A couple things happened that is potentially leaving us more short handed than normal.  Not sure if I will but I may need to work here or there.  Thus I think the plan is to hang out around home and try and gear up for the unpredictable school year.


Have a great weekend.

No comments: