Monday, August 17, 2020

Weekend Recap.

 Initially we were bummed we didn't go camping but as the weather for Friday and Saturday evening progressed we were more than happy to be home.  Friday was a bunch of rain with the warning sirens going off in the evening.  Saturday was gorgeous but that night another storm rolled through.  We still found a bunch of stuff to do and had a good time.

Saturday I got out a bit later as I waited for others to get up and made breakfast burritos.  The wind was mostly SW.  Had I not just gone to Darwin it would have been a good day for that.  I started out as if I was going there but ended up going much further West.  Found some new roads and rediscovered some I hadn't been on in a long time.  It's rare for me to get too far West.  Mostly because I live on the East side of town.  The weather was so good.  Hoping for more days like that!  

The Ride.


Sunday I was up early with Toby but hung around some before getting out.  Hit the road North on the Cutthroat around 7:30.  For the past month I've been on the Evergreen exclusively.  I've just been clicking with it and have some test wheels I'm trying to put as many miles on as I can.  But because the wind was NW and I didn't want to hit the River Road to Rice I opted to traverse through Benton County, making the Cutthroat a better choice.  

I was totally zoned out and hit Freedhem.  Time to head back!

Despite all the rain over the past few days the gravel was pretty dang good.  We desperately needed the rain, if anything it helped the gravel.  It was gravel most of the way up.  I went home through Little Falls so the gravel was sparse heading back home.  Which I was ok with.  I hadn't planned riding this far/long, the extra speed got me home quicker.  

The Ride.

Once home it was time to mow.  I hadn't done it for awhile so I had to bag it too.  Ugh.  After mowing we geared up our bikes and child carrier, retro fitted for Toby!  Did a short jaunt down the Beaver Island Trails and back.

I think he started to like it more by the end?!

After dinner we headed over to by folk's place for desert on their porch, 6' apart.  So yeah, not the planned weekend but pretty dang good overall.


Time to start a new week.

No comments: