Friday, September 25, 2020

Catch Up.

 Wednesday morning was busy so I missed out on posting, so a little catch up.  Monday I did get out mountain biking.  I forgot how nice a full suspension bike can be!  I also kind of forgot how fun mountain biking is.  I didn't do nearly as much as I planned this year.

Morning shot above the Mississippi.

Tuesday was about 3 hours on parts of the Dirt Bag.  Wednesday was shorter as I have to get Harper on the bus Monday and Wednesday.  

Thursday I had hoped to get out by 7:30 but we had a series of storms roll through that night and morning.  I waited till almost 9:30 before shoving off.  Again with the NE winds so I took a route I've done several times recently.  The gravel was much softer than I anticipated, slowing the pace, from all the rain.  But for whatever reason it didn't matter.  I was feeling good and enjoying the fall day. Ok I cursed Benton County gravel a few times.  The further North I got the more the leaves were popping with color.  Through the Mille Lacs WMA was gorgeous.
I started back West just shy of Onamia.  I've never been able to find a gas station on Onamia on previous rides.  Taking the route South was the way to go as there was a gas station on 169!  Now I know. 

The Ride.

Today is a morning had I set my alarm I would have shut it off and gone back to bed.  But instead I set the coffee pot to start brewing at 4:45.  Toby, on cue, started winning with the first drip.  Thus I'm riding!  Still not sure on the route.  I'll start down 8 and wing it.  
It appears are above average temps are done and more "fall like" weather is here to stay.  I'm ready for it.

Happy Weekend





No comments: