Monday, September 14, 2020

Weekend.

It started to rain on my way home from work on Friday.  It would rain on and off the rest of the night into Saturday morning.  Later Saturday morning, almost 10, I got out for a ride.  The wind was light and out of the N/NW.  I headed up to Gillman and almost Little Falls.  I tend to fall into a routine of taking the same roads.  I made a point of hitting up some different roads.  Not many but I found some!

I stayed on the East side of 10 most of the ride.  Not until I was back by Little Rock Lake did I cross 10 and head back on the River Road.

The Ride.

Sunday was dry!  Thus I was able to get out around 7:30.  The wind (light) was a bit all over on the forecast but seemed mostly West.  I took it as that and planned to explore Stearns County gravel.  From my house it takes a bit of miles and time to hit gravel but it's worth it.  I rarely get out that way so everything seems "new".  This was on of my best rides (mentally and physically) in sometime.  It was just so good.

Lots of roads like this.

After heading West a bunch I made my way North some.  I wanted to keep my ride between hwy 23 and Interstate 94.  It seems like a big stretch of land between the two but I'm always amazed how soon I come upon them.  I ended up with almost 30 new miles.  I have some more exploring to do out that way.  I just need more time.
I also hit the Dairy Land Trail for a bit.  It's a Rail to Trail but not paved, gravel.  It's not complete yet ether. I believe the long term plan is to have it run from Albany to Belgrade.

The Ride.

At home I washed two of the bikes up using the Muc-Off Power Washer.  Amazing.  The family and I then took Toby down to Sand Prairie. It was his first trip there.  
Grass is getting a bit unruly, bugs too.

Today is the first "real" day of school for all the girls and Jen.  They are running a hybrid schedule so two days on and two days online at home.  Today they go to school.  With three drivers, schedules, Kid Stop in Clear Water, a new dog home alone, etc. we have a bit going on and a bit we are still trying to figure out!  Here's to a successful day!


No comments: