Friday, November 27, 2020

A New Thanksgiving.

 As with many, Thanksgiving was different this year.  We stayed home, the 5 of us, and had our own holiday.  A few Zoom meets were tossed in throughout the day as well.  Like previous Thanksgivings, I did get out in the morning for a pre feasting ride.

I jumped on the Cutthroat and headed up the River Road towards Rice, NW winds.  I took 450th Street (now a Strava segment so it's legit, ha) it's full duration before making my way South and home.  It was an overcast and dreary day but damn that was a good ride.  Felt good and had fun.

The Ride.
The newly created Strava Segment for Charlie.

Back home it was already busy with the girls baking pies.  I started in on the turkey and some fixings.  While visiting extended family was missed this was a pretty good day.  It was fun and relaxing having it just us.
Yep, I had turkey.  First time in many years.  2020 has been weird so why not?!

I work today and tomorrow.  I usually like working around the holidays as customers are fun and it's usually busy.  At the moment I'm feeling sorry for myself that I have to work, ha!  Toss in Covid and I have mixed emotions if I want it busy or not.

I planned on getting a couple hours in on the mountain bike this morning but laziness and sleep prevailed. So maybe this afternoon.  Saturdays temperature is flirting with 50 degrees!  Maybe we should close the shop so everyone can enjoy the seemingly last "warm" day!

Happy Thanksgiving weekend.  Stay safe.






No comments: